4.02.2009

Tom Robbins spotted in Stanley Park




"Tibetan prayer flags are planted for the wind to carry the beneficent vibrations across the countryside. Prayer flags are said to bring happiness, long life and prosperity to the flag planter and those in the vicinity"

I came across these unique little shreds of cloth during a walk just yesterday. In Calgary's Stanley Park of all places. Some were inscribed with quotes from famous songs, some from Tom Robbins, some from politicians... all with inspirational words. It was one of the few times in my life that I have seen something positive done anonymously. It seems too often acts of terrorism occur without a name but happy deeds are always claimed. These flags warmed my being and made me question what I could do to do the same, without my name inscribed?