3.12.2009

Dear Reader's Digest


I am very disappointed in my decision to purchase a subscription to Reader's Digest for my mother's birthday. Since purchasing that subscription I have been bombarded with supposed sweepstakes information and country song garbage, despite the fact that I checked 'no' to receiving any information.
I would like to be permanently removed from all of these mailing lists. I could care less if they are authentic, and I "could" win a prize. I would prefer to remain free of the junk in my mailbox. This is making a great impact on my decision to ever subscribe to your magazine again, and I will definitely be spreading the word about your marketing ploys.

Please stop sending me junk. And, if according to your FAQ section, these sweepstakes are not related to you despite the fact that your name is all over the envelopes...then why did they conveniently start sending me information soon after my subscription? And how did they get my mailing address since I have only recently moved in? Perhaps your online subscription application has a flaw. Perhaps you are the ones sending out this absolute trash, or perhaps you are selling your subscribers' addresses to garbage marketers. Whatever the case, you are a horribly untrustworthy magazine.

Now please, remove my address from your mailing list. And do your best to prevent this email from transpiring into another sweepstakes entry.

mm